What do you feed your kids for lunch???
Grilled Cheese and CucumberI struggle with lunch everyday. I am not a BIG lunch person, the options are just not good to me. Sadly, Cannon is taking after me in that category. Poor guy. I'm not a fan of sandwiches, I think it's because of my college years I ate Subway almost everyday....YUCK! The only time I eat deli meat is when it is fresh (nothing pre packaged...that deserves another YUCK) ;) and if I stick it in our panini maker. Cannon on the other hand won't eat anything like that. The only sandwich he will eat is Grilled Cheese and even then sometimes he'll decide he isn't in the mood for it. He doesn't like noodles, so the famous Kraft Mac and Cheese is out, no hot dogs, no nothing. I have about three things I can give him, chicken, but it has to be the frozen kind so it is nice and crunchy on the outside (YUCK), pizza (I was doing frozen, but every time I gave it to him my insides hurt...I could feel my own arteries clogging by just watching...so I make my own with yummy french bread now) and last but, not least the grilled cheese like I said before. He is also starting to get picky with his veggies. I am sure this sounds like every kid out there, no veggies, but will eat all the fruit in the world. The last few weeks or so he will only eat carrots (quite frankly I am getting a little sick of cooking carrots everyday) ;) We are going to start spinach (and any other veggie I can throw in there) smoothies. He LOVES smoothies! I am huge on nutrition!!! I know you are probably remembering my baking, homemade, chocolate, not so good for you addiction, but I am very big on having a balance nutritional meal, especially for my kiddo.
So, I ask you, what do you feed your kids for lunch???











Smoothies have been a favorite in my house. With me not eating much, that's all I've been able to keep down, and Luke always wants what I have so that has been our fav lately. : )
ReplyDeletea&e love quesadillas, pb&j, meatballs, some salads (my brain is not cooperating right now, so i'll update as i think of things).
ReplyDeletetyson has chicken nuggets that aren't bad for you or their precooked chicken cubes. chicken corn dogs. any veggie dipped in fat free ranch. english muffin pizzas. cut up deli turkey or ham without the bread. Ashlyn doesn't do sandwiches. good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a mother, but when I was a nanny, jaxxon was a meth baby (sad) and he never had an appetite...like maybe ate once or twice a day and maybe a couple of bites of what was given to him. We gave him V8 Splash juice because it contains a full serving of veggies and fruit so you can try that a couple times a week to go along with his food (maybe on the days he gets pizza). He also loved waffles at any time of the day, maybe try whole grain waffles and put peanut butter and banana on it. He also loved homemade sweet potato fries :) cut them up in slices, and brush on some olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and bake for 50 minutes at 350 (or you can look for other ways to cook) they taste so yummy and it's a cooked veggie for your little man. You can bake a huge batch and freeze some so all you have to do is warm them up in the oven for a few minutes every day.
ReplyDelete