Friday, February 4, 2011

I Have A Confession!

I am NOT a gamer!

There are only a hand full of games that I actually enjoy. One of my biggest dislikes are video games...gag me please! I am so thankful that Russy doesn't play them. I mean, yes, he has played, and yes, he has enjoyed it, but overall he doesn't play. We don't even own any kind of X box, play station etc. But, he IS a sucker for games on his iphone. He will get hooked on a game and there were even times that I woke up in the middle of the night with him under the covers playing a game...true story and he probably will kill me for saying that. HA!

Anyway, his new fav is Words with friends (it must be pretty cool because not only was it on the Office last week, but Oprah plays it) For those that don't know what W.W.F. is it is a scrabble game. You can play with it with the computer or others who have the app as well. Russ and a bunch of his siblings play. They really get competitive with it. But, I of course always made fun of it and thought it was a ridiculous game, especially since everyone cheats in some way or form.

Last week I notice a new app on my phone that I did not put on there...I opened it up and low and behold it was Words with Friends. Russ started a game with me! After a little giggle from Russ when he saw that I finally noticed it I decided to give in. This is HUGE for me! I don't have games on my phone, I would rather do other things with my time than play games, BUT I started to play and I am hooked! I know, I know, I can't believe it either. I only play with Russ (so peeps don't try to add me) ;) that way I am not a complete gamer ;) and we make it interesting. Whoever wins....well, we have little fun bets going on. So far, Russ has beat me once (you don't even want to know what he gets for that win) and we are on our second game and it is neck and neck.

I guess I am now a MINI gamer...oh, and I cheat...how could I not?? ;)


2 comments:

  1. I recently got an iPhone (LOVE IT!!) and I have been app crazy, so I will have to add that one. I've heard of it too, but was hesitant since I'm not much of a "gamer" either lol!
    Thanks,brandie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. add us on ur WWF. Thecarmons ..and welcome to the gaming world. :) remember games are never a waste of time. It stimulates the brain, your cognitive level is higher when playing a video game then it is when reading a book :) of course this coming from a wife of a husband with a career in the gaming industry ;)

    another good one to try is Bakery story. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete