Monday, November 1, 2010

13.1 Miles Later


I know you are all just dying to find out if I was able to run the Half Marathon and you probably can guess by the picture that I DID!!! Yes, that is right I ran 13.1 AND I even did it in 2 hours and 2 minutes! While training I was on track for 2 hours 15 minutes...so I killed my time! (that's why I am holding up a 2 and 0) Yay me! ;)

So, let's back up a couple weeks because I know I told you all how I was worried about my knee, so here is the scoop. I went to the Doctor and he had no reason why my knee was swollen, he basically told me that it can happen. Then he proceeded to tell me if my knee was still swollen come race day then he would give me a cortisone shot to get me through the race. I felt kind of hard core...like a big football player who gets shots to just be able to play. Crazy! He also told me that I just motivated him to go run a half marathon too...yay Doc!! :) Anyway, I decided to take it in my own hands and rest! I rested for about a week or so (my knee got better) and then it came race WEEK. I decided to take two days of running and I only ran 3 miles each time. The week of the race you are suppose to take it easy anyway. I was a little nervous for the race since I really hadn't done a LONG run for over two weeks, but race day came and I had no choice but to power through it!

The run was quite easy for me...I guess that's what happens when you have months of training ;) I felt great! The only setback was that the first 5 miles were downhill and I mean STEEP!!! That may sound great and all, but holy moly it kills your calves. Let's just say I am now walking like something is stuck up you know where ;) Overall, it was so much fun and yes, I would totally do it again!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. wow! you are amazing! I can't even imagine what it would be like achieving something like this. You are an inspiration to all the mommies out there for sure. Good job and congrats on your incredible time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - you go girl!!! :o) i think i would fall over dead!!!

    ReplyDelete