There is something about the Holidays that makes me want to bake... and bake some more. Not only for my own pleasure of eating yummy goodies, but to give them away as well. Every year right before Halloween I bake pumpkin bread. I bake them in mini loafs so that I can pass them out to family, friends, and neighbors. I thought I would share my DELICIOUS recipe and I even took pictures of the steps...oh yes, I am that good! ;)
Step 1: Get all the ingredients you need...- 1 large can of pumpkin
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 2/3 water
- 7 cups of flour
- 6 cups of sugar
- 1 TB salt
- 4 teas of baking soda
- 2 teas pumpkin pie spice
- 1 12 oz bag of MINI chocolate chips
Step 2: Mix pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, and water in an extra large bowlIn a separate large bowl add flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin spice
Step 4: After you have sifted together the dry ingredients add to the wet ingredients in TWO additions. Mixing
Step 6: Pour into greased mini loaf pans to about 1/2 fullStep 7: Bake at 325 for 20 minutes; rotate pans and bake about 10 more minutes or until toothpick is not quite dry. (I baked for 15 more minutes rather than the 10)
Step 9: wrap them up any cute way and deliver them to your loved ones! :)This recipe makes about 14-15 loaves (I got 20). You can also cut the recipe in half for fewer loaves. Sooooo, YUMMY!!!
Enjoy!
side note: I buy two packages of 5 mini loaf pans. You can cook 5 at a time, but make sure to rotate them after the 20 minute mark. Have the next 5 ready...














yummy!!!!
ReplyDeleteTrisha! This is Candy Wilson, your old neighbor! I randomly hopped onto your blog from Becca's and I love it. I need your Clothing tips and I'm lovin' your recipes and thoughts. So if you see that a person from Beaverton, OR came onto your blog, don't worry it's not a weirdo stalker, it's just me!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to get brave and buy a pair of skinny jeans. Wish you were here in Portland to go shopping with me. :)
Take care!
I'm so glad you posted this, the bread was delicious!!! :) Thanks again!
ReplyDelete