Monday, October 18, 2010

Car Seat Checks

The other day I was flipping through the channels on the TV (which I don't get to do very often) and I came across the MTV show Teen Mom. First of all, what a horrible show...let's just promote teens getting pregnant. I mean that is really what it is doing, right? Yes, during the commercials they try to promote absence and safe sex, but I guaranteed most teens are really enjoying this show and it probably doesn't help their curiosity about sex. I could probably go on forever about that show, but let's not ;) I am here because I noticed that all the teen Moms have their innocent kid buckled in their car seat WRONG! That drives me crazy. I was tempted to write a letter to the producers and tell them if these kids are going to be on this show then they at least need to know how to properly buckle their kids.
Can you tell this bothers me...? ;)

In every city (or one close by) there are FREE car seat checks. They go over how to install the car seat properly and then how the straps are suppose to be on your baby. It is so important that your kid is strapped in the car seat the right way. This is to insure your kids safety. According to SeatCheck.org 7 out of 10 kids are not properly buckled. That is a lot! We did the car seat check with the infant carrier and then again when Cannon grew out of it and got a bigger seat. It doesn't take long and it is so beneficial. They will also inform you if your car seat has been recalled or if it has expired (yes, car seats do expire).

So, if you haven't had your car seat checked you should do so. For more information go to SeatCheck.org


1 comment:

  1. Total side note. I made the pork chop recipe that you had posted on the inspire blog last night and OMG! It was sooo good! and soo easy! It will for sure be one of my regulars. Thank you so much for sharing it and I am gonna try to get that blog up and running again this week so if you have anything new to add, please do! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete