I know, I know you all have missed me, right? ;)
My perfect little family and I just got back from a FANTASTIC trip to Lake Powell with our friends! We had a blast! The weather was PERFECT! Hot during the day, but cool at night. Just the way we like it! Now I am back and ready to share some excitement!
Yesterday, Cannon and I woke up, ate breakfast, played for a little bit, and then went on our morning run. I had only ran about 2 miles when the wind picked up and the sky was covered in dark clouds. I figured it would be a good idea to get home. Just as we got home it began to rain. I put Cannon down for a nap, I showered and decided because of the stormy weather we would have a lazy day! And that meant wearing my oh, so comfy sweats. :) I LOVE that the weather is cooling off and Fall is fast approaching! I opened our kitchen window to hear the rain fall and for the cool air to blow through our home. I put up all the Halloween decorations and to top off the whole Fall feeling I lit a candle the smelt like creamy pumpkin. Ooooh, so yummy! I highly recommend getting that scent from Bath and Body Works. It is a new fav of mine! I then finished with making some chili. There is nothing better than throwing something in the crock pot and having a WARM tasty dinner on a stormy day. We sure LOVED our LAZY day!
My perfect little family and I just got back from a FANTASTIC trip to Lake Powell with our friends! We had a blast! The weather was PERFECT! Hot during the day, but cool at night. Just the way we like it! Now I am back and ready to share some excitement!
Yesterday, Cannon and I woke up, ate breakfast, played for a little bit, and then went on our morning run. I had only ran about 2 miles when the wind picked up and the sky was covered in dark clouds. I figured it would be a good idea to get home. Just as we got home it began to rain. I put Cannon down for a nap, I showered and decided because of the stormy weather we would have a lazy day! And that meant wearing my oh, so comfy sweats. :) I LOVE that the weather is cooling off and Fall is fast approaching! I opened our kitchen window to hear the rain fall and for the cool air to blow through our home. I put up all the Halloween decorations and to top off the whole Fall feeling I lit a candle the smelt like creamy pumpkin. Ooooh, so yummy! I highly recommend getting that scent from Bath and Body Works. It is a new fav of mine! I then finished with making some chili. There is nothing better than throwing something in the crock pot and having a WARM tasty dinner on a stormy day. We sure LOVED our LAZY day!
And because I LOVE sharing recipes here is the chili I made!

1/4 lb. pinto beans
2 14 1/2 oz cans tomatoes
2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 10 3 tbs chili powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
Completely soften beans by cooking in boiling water on the stove. Drain the water off the beans. Put all ingredients in Crock-Pot in the order listed and stir. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Top with sour cream and cheese if desired.
*We eat ours with tortillas heated up in the microwave....yummy! :)
2 14 1/2 oz cans tomatoes
2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 10 3 tbs chili powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
Completely soften beans by cooking in boiling water on the stove. Drain the water off the beans. Put all ingredients in Crock-Pot in the order listed and stir. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Top with sour cream and cheese if desired.
*We eat ours with tortillas heated up in the microwave....yummy! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment