Monday, November 8, 2010

Being a Mom...Even When it's Tough

Saturday was a day that I am surprised I didn't pull out all my hair, it was a day that my Russy said to go out and he'll watch Cannon before I have a mental breakdown...what a nice way to put it, thanks hubby ;)

Cannon was fussy and I mean FUSSY! This is unusual for him, Cannon is a very good boy and I am not just saying that because he is mine, but he really is! I have felt very blessed to have such a good boy, but Saturday was something different. He wouldn't leave my side and continued to fuss ALL DAY LONG. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I tried everything. I knew he was feeling a little under the weather because he had a running nose, but that usually doesn't stop him. The day was FINALLY over, I put him to bed, I was still sane, and then I sat. I sat on my bum and watched a show. It was quiet and I could hear again, BUT then something happened...I heard crying, HARD crying from Cannon's room ...It had only been an hour...WHAT? REALLY? I let him cry for a couple minutes, but every Mother knows which cries could be left alone and what cries you need to go see what is going on. I walked into his bedroom and I got a nasty blow to my nose...he had gone potty and it smelt BAD! I picked my sweet boy up to only notice he had blown through his diaper. Oh, to end the night with that...wonderful. My poor little man was clearly not feeling well and I all of a sudden felt horrible. I felt horrible for being frustrated with the day, when my poor boy was sick and it finally showed up. I cleaned him up, changed the sheets, and then cuddled my sweet man.

Here we are Monday, with countless loads of laundry under my belt, and a cute little boy who refuses to eat because his tummy hurts. A storm has come in so Cannon and I spent the day inside in our sweats (Cannon is on his 2nd pair...gotta love being sick) playing with his cars (his favorite thing to do) I LOVE lazy days, I just only wish it was under better circumstances. Hopefully, my sweet boy will feel better soon!

Question of the day: Do you Moms ever give yourself a hard time for getting frustrated with your kids to only find out they are just sick? :( Hopefully, I'm not the only one? ;)

**And I will clarify, Cannon probably had no idea I was frustrated, but it is just the feeling I had. Behind closed doors I wanted to scream ;)




2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one, trust me! Dodger has been teething since last week and is a NIGHTMARE when he teethes!! Then add a 3 year old on top of that who whines and complains to you ALL DAY... makes for a wonderful day/week! But yes, I hate more than anything having to apologize to my kids! Especially now that Taya's older, makes me feel like the worst mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had those days too Trisha! Poor little Cannon...I hope he is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete